Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Easy Peasy Homemade Chocolate Sauce

My kids love to eat desserts with chocolate sauce. Ice cream, waffles, pancakes.. they love it with chocolate sauce. I normally buy bottled one from supermarket. With many added unnecessary ingredients in it, I am contemplating to make homemade kind. And when I found this easy peasy recipe, I did make a batch and it's as good, if not better, and so well received by the kids they didn't know that it's not what they used to have haha.. From here I know I will not buy the commercial bottled chocolate sauce anymore in the future :)




Here is  the recipe (from Foodie Baker)

What you need:

1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Varlhona)
1/4 cup + 2tbsp caster sugar (original recipe only used 1/4 cup)
50ml water
50ml fresh milk (original recipe doesn't use milk, only 100ml water. You may use 100% milk for creamier texture)
10g unsalted butter, diced

Method:
  1. Combine cocoa powder, sugar, water and milk in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium high heat and whisk constantly til sugar and cocoa powder dissolved
  2. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Stir well and let cool. The sauce will thicken slightly when cooled
  3. Store in a glass jar and keep refrigerated

My personal opinion, it tastes even better than store bought ones :)
 
 
 
Love the texture too, smooth creamy and glossy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...